Saturday, January 9, 2016
Christmas this year, like every year, was really good! Some highlights:
- We played a fun game at Gammy and PawPaw's where a bunch of little gifts were wrapped up in plastic wrap. You had to try to unwrap it while the person next to you tried to roll a 6 on the dice (it was a lot harder than it sounds!). Once they got a 6, you passed the gifts and dice and the next person tried. Cody ended up winning the big gift! It was a lot of fun.
- Avery's enthusiasm while opening presents was through the roof. Every gift was, "OH WOW!!! LOOK!!! A SHIRT!!!!! WOW!!!!!" She even got excited about an empty box, not realizing the gift had fallen out of it. "WOW, A FROZEN BOX!!!!" It was the best.
- Avery got the only gift she really REALLY wanted...a Flutterbye...which ended up totally breaking after about 30 minutes of playing with it. Thankfully Aunt Kaylee got her one too, so we had a back up.
- Uncle Ben got everyone selfie sticks. HA!
- He also got engaged to his girlfriend, Kailey, that morning. YAY!!
- Cody learned how to ride a hoverboard. He was actually a pro the minute he stepped on it. I was impressed. He even gave Avery a little ride, which made me extremely nervous. Everyone survived.
It was a great day filled with family, food, and love. Here are some pictures from Christmas.
Her reaction when she first saw her bike!
To see last last year's Christmas, click here.